New Chapters and Warm Cider: "Autumn at the Cat Cafe" by Kathleen Fuller

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus"
Philippians 3:13b-14 ESV

Fans of Amy Clipston and Denise Hunter will absolutely adore Kathleen Fuller (author of both Amish and contemporary women's fiction).  In Autumn at the Cat Cafe, Fuller takes readers to Pecan Corner, Ohio during fall, cozy season to Pawsitive Vibes Cafe, where Sir Meow, an adorable highland Lynx that has "big-dog energy" and other adorable cats such as Squeaks.  For the avid reader who like myself also happens to be a cat lover, this book is an extra bonus with just the right amount of romance, sweet scenes, and some humor that cat lovers will relate to.

Via Dalton, owner of the cat cafe, is slowly recovering from a broken engagement, and trying to move forward with her business.  When elderly neighbor Earl (owner of Second Chapter bookstore) passed away months prior, Via was hoping that she would inherit this shop next to her and find a way to combine the book store to her newly formed business.  In a series of unexpected events, nephew Leo Brewster whom he never met, is first in line to inherit after meeting a list of requirements set forth by Earl before he passed.  While Sir Meow is besotted by this wealthy and successful hedge fund analysis, his owner takes quite a while to warm up to him.  While Via, is hesitant to give romance a second chance, Leo is battling hurts from his childhood.  Fuller, full of her usual grace and warmth brings these two lost souls together in a sweet, romantic way that will have readers unable to put the book down.  I know, I was reminded of the beauty of God's amazing grace, and the need to extend that same grace and forgiveness to others.

Simba's Corner



Oh My!  A whole cafe, where cats are the main attraction?  Why would anyone go get coffee anywhere else?  Pawsitive Vibes is the perfect place to find that just right sun puddle and nap, and occasionally pass righteous judgement on poor unsuspecting humans.  

While Leo and Val are great human characters, in my humble opinion Sir Meow and Squeaks are definitely the main most important characters.  I admire Sir Meow's energy and being able to go for walks throughout town on his leash (Meowmy has not trusted me on a leash as of yet).  I might like a cat backpack like Sir Meow has, I know my Meowmy's grandkitty Boba has one.   I love how Squeaks and Sir Meow take turns as the naughty cat of the week (maybe Meowmy will see that my behavior is not all that bad).

As your owners head into fall, this is the perfect book to cozy up with them and enjoy a sweet fall romance (which to Meowmy seems to be the most important part of the book).  I enthusiastically give this book four paws.

Conclusion




I agree with Simba, grab that cozy favorite fall cozy blanket (if you need a fall themed one, I just found an adorable Peanuts fall blanket at HomeGoods today).   Fix yourself some nice warm apple cider and some apple pie a la mode with Bath and Body works pumpkin apple or pumpkin clove candle ( or any of their new or old scents would be perfect).  I am so thankful once again to my local library and to be able to check these books out.  This one I read on my Libby app from the local library.  This book is currently available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble to name a few places (also available for purchase on Kindle).  Happy Reading!! 
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Sometimes you Stay" by Liz Johnson: A Red Door Inn Romance

An Amish Second Chance Romance Surprised By Love #8 By: Rachel J Good

Designed with Love by Tracie Peterson